Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Memories of Falling Leaves and Iced Over Sidewalks

Our street here in Gilbert, AZ is lined with trees that loose their leaves this time of year. When I walk out front I can smell the leaves and it takes me back in time to when I was a young child living in Ohio. I love that smell. I remember my dad raking them up into a huge pile and then my siblings and I and our neighborhood friends jumping into them. It was a lot of fun.

As long as I can remember living in AZ since I was twelve years old, I don't recall ever smelling the leaves like today. I think that's why I love this street, this town, this neighborhood. It kind of reminds me of the little town in Ohio that I grew up in, Fairborn.

I remember the sidewalks in the winter being iced over, we would skate across the ice in our normal shoes, we didn't have skates and we didn't need them. It was so much fun that you didn't even feel the cold. I love those childhood memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment